Sunday, August 27, 2006

Welcome!

This is the beginning of what I hope is a wonderful addition to the history of Buffalo, New York.

In 2007 I will be publishing my second book, Nine Nine Eight, about the history of Buffalo's major retailers. This blog is set up as an introduction to the book, and to get feedback and comments from the Internet savvy members of the community at large.

I will be posting different topics that you are welcome to comment on. I am also looking for specific interesting tidbits and comments about any of Buffalo's old retailers. If I see something that I really like I may ask if I can reprint it in the book.

So, without further ado, heeeeeerrrrrreeeee's the blog!

Mike Rizzo, author Through The Mayors' Eyes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Barnum's could probably have a book of its own.

Mike Rizzo said...

Why is that? I researched their history and other than the age of the store, and the Vidler type of selection, I don't see anything special. Unless I'm missing something??

Anonymous said...

Basiclly nobodys interested in a run down old store in the middle of hamburg and the garbage left over from it

Anonymous said...

Basiclly nobodys interested in a run down old store in the middle of hamburg and the garbage left over from it